In April 1993, Calgary Foreign Exchange started operating under the name of Currencies International in order to emphasize the national scope taken on by the growing company.
In 2000, we wanted to mark our entry into the new century of doing business with a revitalized corporate identity. Therefore, we changed our name to CALFOREX, an abbreviation of Calgary Foreign Exchange. It’s contemporary, unique, and catchy.
Today, we operate 11 retail and corporate locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. Toni Treutler is the President of CALFOREX and oversees the day-to-day business of the company. Eduardo Melo, Vice President, manages all the retail and wholesale locations across Canada. Sam Ranieri, National Sales Manager, manages the FX desk and corporate department of the company. At CALFOREX we take pride in providing our clients with competitive personalized foreign exchange services and quality products. Our future and success relies on integrity, honesty and a highly trained, knowledgeable team working together with the community to achieve common goals.
Our company's corporate and retail teams are positioned and well experienced to save our clients time and money in an undertaking where time is money. Our expertise and extensive inventory provide the ability to meet our clients' currency needs immediately.
From preferred rates on currency exchange to wire services, travelers checks and the most up-to-date market information, CALFOREX gives 'top dollar' service to over one million individuals, financial institutions and businesses each year. When it comes to currency exchange services, you won't find another company who works harder for your money.
- Incorporated in 1983.
- Trading over 1.5 billion per annum in currencies.
- Substantial client list including many blue-chip companies and organizations.
- Partnered with 4 of the largest banks in the world.
- Top rating by Dun & Bradstreet and Equifax.
- Partnered with Economic Development Canada to promote growth within our exporter’s community.
- Active sponsor of charities such as “Fallen Fire Fighters” “Children’s Hospital Activity” and an annual memorial Breast Cancer Golf Tournament